Best Jobs For Computer Science Majors by Salary Potential
This is a listing of the best-paying undergraduate majors For computer science and engineering In addition to IT. In 2016 Twenty-one percent of Enterprise Intelligence Administrators majored in computer science, proving that you would be able to have a broad range of job titles with a computer science diploma.
Many computer science majors have gone on to have glamorous, excessive-profile careers.Billionaire entrepreneur Sergey Brin, Comedian Jimmy Fallon, astronaut Anousheh Ansari and Google govt chairperson Eric Schmidt all studied computer science.
Whereas “Software Developer” is simply #4 in wage.com’s eight hottest jobs of 2014 record concerning progress charge (demand), it most likely goes without saying that there are lots of well-paying profession alternatives in Computer Science and IT (Information Technology) usually.
For those who’re contemplating pursuing a computer science job, or merely curious, here’s a checklist of 4 of the highest-paying jobs within the discipline. Whereas salaries for some roles differ extensively by location, trade, expertise stage, demand and generally because the wind blows, this record ought to offer you a tough concept of the more financially rewarding IT-associated roles.
1.Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Chief information officer (CIO), chief digital info Officer (CDIO) or information technology (IT) director, is a job title given to probably the most senior govt in an enterprise accountable for the information technology and computer programs that assist business targets. See more
- Provide trade data and technical experience to help gross sales as well as advertising and marketing efforts.
- Evaluates and Oversee IT operations.
- Communicate at a senior stage of the group.
- Set up, coordinate and consider information technology methods for the leading services.
- Oversee administration of IT personnel and growth groups.
Total Pay: $188k,121 – $279k,880
2.Vice President (VP), Engineering (Computer Software)
The VP of engineering (computer software) is usually a member of the group’s administration team and is accountable for managing all the software program improvement staff. Their primary goal is to work with project and product management to make sure products – and the product development course of – meets the necessity of the group and its clients. See more
- Take part within the strategic selections about technology, definition, and implementation of the software program products.
- Hire, evaluation, and overview managers.
- Prioritize and allocate tasks, products, and sources with the help of architects and directors.
Total Pay: $121k,638 – $231k,705
3.Program Manager, Computer Software
Computer Software program Program Managers in America can anticipate earning a comfy wage, with average salaries (within the ballpark of $105K) surpassing six figures yearly. Complete incomes of Pc Software program Program Managers incorporate the potential for, in a couple of circumstances, greater than $19K from bonuses and near $18K from revenue sharing. See more
- Perceive consumer conceptual necessities and wishes.
- Translate customer needs into software program specs, useful resource estimates, and schedules.
- Plan, design, schedule and coordinate software program growth.
- Work with software program builders and high-quality assurance testers to provide the software program.
Total Pay: $70,492 – $149,205
4.Software Development Manager
- Plan, direct and coordinate day to day actions of a division/group/staff.
- Hire, evaluate, and fire non-administration workers.
- Act as a useful resource for software program builders on insurance policies, procedures, and technical points.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all actions related to writing the software program.
Total Pay: $85k,912 – $160k,762